Its the beginning of the month and I thought it was high time to not only set my goals, but to share them for accountability purposes. I can’t believe we are already into July, where has the year gone? Before we know it the Fall will be here, and then the holidays. Crazy, right?! Geez, as I always say; time flies when you’re having fun…or something like it!
July has always been a pretty god month for me. Back when I was in the military, I looked forward to that 72 or 96 we would get. It was so nice to get those little breaks here and there. Unfortunately, that is no longer, but its all good. Where one door closes, another opens. The main thing I want to do is set myself up for success and have a sound mind, body, and soul.
My goals for accomplishing this during the month of goal are as follows:
- Stay focused. – My nature is to be implusive and a bit all over the place. Focus will allow me to hone my energy and use it on useful projects and plan better.
- Know that its okay to get overwhelmed, but take things in stride. – Not sweating the small stuff is my motto for July. Its a laid back month, so I’d like keep a sound, and clear mind.
- Keep anxiety in control. – June was a bit of a tizzy for me. I had some rough days, where my anxiety got the best of me. I want to work on thinking more positive thoughts and not focus or dwell on negative thing.
- Drink more water! – Nuff said.
- Eat at least 3 times a day, and have a few snacks in between. – This requires me to peel myself away from designing and eat! Food is not only only fuel for the body, but for the mind.
- Start walking, doing squats and core building exercises. – Now we all know I’m not a fan of working out, but I do believe in exercise. Its healthy to get your heartrate up, as well as doing muscle buidling activites. TMI: I’d like to get my booty back. Its gone on a little vacation, with me loosing weight and all. Plus I just look better and healthier a little more filled out.
- Spend time with God everyday. – I need to be intentional about dedicating time to spend with God. I talk to Him everyday, but I want to talk to Him more and spend more time praying, reflecting, and just being one with Him.
- Pray more. – There is no special time to do this, I would just like to do it more. I want to especially speak to the Lord in the morning and at night though.
- Have more talks about faith and spirituality with my husband, and family. – This is something I don’t do enough. I have found through talking more about God and spirituality, that I learn so much and get so much clarity. The clarity allows me to understand my faith more and feel even closer to God.
I have many more goals, but these are the ones at which my life will be centered upon for July. By accomplishing this set of goals, others will fall into place. Whether it be for my business, blog, family/personal life; my mind, body, and soul needs to be aligned in order for everything to work. I’m not the most disciplined, and in having goals I stay motivated and hold myself accountable.
Goals are starting points, so I can only go up and get better from where I started. But I gotta start somewhere!